Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Studying the 50s and 60s. Part I


This is the only the beginning of an ongoing exercise I made for myself. I had gathered a bunch of photographs from a friend's family. They are absolutely gorgeous already as photographs, but I cannot help myself from trying versions of my own.  I know some of the people in these photographs or at least have mutual connections of some sort, I feel a lot more inspired to do these as well because of it.

Using these as an exercise for speed, color, design, style......or just whatever I feel like practicing on the day of. They are fun to do anyways.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine! I found your link from a person I follow and I'm so happy I did :D

    Your unique drawing style is amazing, everything you draw has a story and it's told beautifully! Especially when you paint them, they become even more lively! I still remember clearly that Bram, Luke, Reina (i think there were more people i can't remember @__@;;) said you're really good in painting!

    I could stare at your art for hours, you inspire me to pick up a pencil and just draw something right now! :D Please keep doing what you love, your stuffs make me smile and I feel so hyped to take on the rest of the day! (and night, staying up doing work XD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jean! It's you! Awn, thank you so much! We shall both keep on drawing :) Thanks for yet another motivation ;D

      Delete