Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Thesis film, Wallpaper


 Making this film has really been a great experience, I'd have to say its made it the best year out of my whole Sheridan experience. No, school isn't just over yet for another week but it feels like it just because the film is done now. At least visually, it is as much as I can do at this point. There are A LOT of things I wish I could have done or known before making this film, but I've learned and know now how to go about the next one..right? :) 

It is a film close to my heart, whoever knows me will say this is a very Elaine film. Main point of the story is told, whether well or not, it has been a long journey to get to this point. Remember the story it use to be?
 (I still like parts of that version! Haha there were uglier boards than these)


 For those of you that is going into fourth year or will be sometime in the future...have a story you love. Don't only think about portfolio, you are going to be working on it for a while and you have to love it. Not only that, it is your first film and isn't that thought just exciting!? Something truly yours, hand crafted every corner. That doesn't always happen and not  everyone can stay passionate for every step, but really, try to enjoy the process! If you have your story early, yes it would really help and make your production time not as painful. But it's not a big deal, lots of people did it just in the year, it's completely possible! Limitations are good for the creative mind. Stick with the guidelines given by the milestones and you will be fine. (Roughly, I mean everyone works differently, and you can alter the specifics to your own need and most mentors allow that)

 It really is like having a baby in you for 9 month and it will be born in whatever form sooner or later. Plan out your schedule, you can throw it out and just work, but do look back at it once in a while to see if you are still on track. (At least that's what I did, there are many points in which when I went back and banged my head on the table because I am so behind, good back to reality moments you know.) 

I do wish my film didn't have as much characters or locations, perhaps use even simpler design, but it wouldn't have been what it is now if I didn't do it or learn this lesson if I hadn't tried. I experienced one thing, did the most I can out of it, then now I can move on!! To new and exciting things! Things better than this old shtuffff.

Enjoy! If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to shout them out. I swear I learned so much more I could continue to rant about, but I am sure it's pretty boring and it's all things everyone would keep on telling you 
 






I will upload my film once its officially done but I will not be making it public for a while. If you really want to, find a way to message me and I can send you the link :) Hope you enjoyed my awful -don't-want-to-release-yet-screenshots.

4 comments: